anna grams anna grams anna grams
This is a repository of a few of my anagrams, many of
them from posts I've made to the alt.anagrams newsgroup. Since tastes
vary, you'll undoubtedly find at least some anagrams here that leave you
cold, but there should be something here that will yield at least a
In most sections that aren't arranged in time order, anagrams
that I've added since the last update have a 'NEW:' in front of them
(and an arrow pointing to them). The Lardbucket was last updated on
10 December 2017 or later.
Fascination with anagrams = Fanatic has mania. It's wrong!
Wordplay site = Adroitly spew!
The anagrams are divided into these categories:
- Current events in
- anagrams dealing with major news stories of recent years
- Longer anagrams:
- Song lyrics
- songs anagrammed into parodic lyrics, biographies, poems, etc.
- Other long anagrams
- anagrams of recipes, official US instructions on what to do in the event of a 'terror attack', etc.
- Anagrams pertaining to weird or offbeat news
- mostly anagrams of names of dumb criminals, with summaries of the related claim to infamy
- Computer- and technology-related anagrams
- operating systems, error messages, etc. (most of these aren't that geeky; don't worry) that are too short for the 'longer' section
- anagrams of unsolicited advertising etc. (subject lines and entire spams) posted to alt.anagrams (some contain strong language directed at spammers)
- Proper nouns' anagrams
- treatments of things such as place names, company names, and titles of films
- A few anagrams related to music
- some general items and some related to specific rock bands (anagrams of songs are in the 'longer' section)
- Miscellaneous anagrams
- a grab bag, things that don't fit elsewhere in the bucket
- Anagrams that could be considered risqué or tasteless
- naughties, some sexually oriented and others just crude (arranged roughly by increasing likelihood of causing offence)
- Drinks - mostly real-ale- and single-malt-whisky-related anagrams
- what it says
- Just a few anagrams related to Formula One motor racing
- a couple of drivers' names and some specific incidents of the last few years
- Silly anagrams
- non sequiturs and anagrams that present unusual or bizarre associations
- Anagrams related to alt.anagrams
- anagrams of new posters' names and anagrams referring to the group or its denizens in some other way
Return to the anagrams index page
Go to Anna's main index
This site has been optimised for use with
Quickie-Web-Voo Version 0.9, the
thinking person's user-agent. This browser does not exist yet (a fact
that one may argue makes it superior to most available browsers).
These pages are © 2002-2018 Anna Shefl